Saturday, October 25, 2008

Update on doctor visit

Well we had to go back to the doctor yesterday and get his bandage changed. He said it was a little worse than what they thought but it's still not bad bad. They are sending him to the burn clinic on Monday because the joint is also burned where his fingers bend and they don't want that to get hard with the new skin growing in under the blisters so they have to send him for a special glove I guess. They don't THINK they will have to do any skin graphs at all which is good! Tomorrow we go back again for another bandage change. This sure is not slowing him down at all. What he can't do with his had he does with his feet! LOL He's been happy and has not complained.

On the chicken front...I had a rooster who we were thinking was a hen and I was kind of bummed out about it because I wanted him to be a rooster. Two days ago he was in the nest box. I thought he was laying an egg so we than thought hen...well today he crowed! AND he started mating the girls! All of a sudden this morning he decides to be a rooster?? No signs AT ALL until this morning.

We have company today so I'm going to get off here for now but will update again later.

4 comments:

Missie said...

I'm glad to hear that the burn has stopped Nic from being Nic. That's a good sign.

lisa said...

i hope Nick is ok!! I know you must have been so worried. XO

Kallie said...

MG I haven't been on for a few days. I am sorry that you are going through more drama. I hope that Nic heals quickly. I also hope that there are no complications.

On a different matter. How are you feeling now that you are 40? I didn't feel any older.

I miss you my dear friend. We need to try and find time to see each other.

Love ya
Kallie

Helen said...

I hope Nic's hand will be ok. LOL on your rooster. Guess it took a while for him to decide exactly what he was. Helen