Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's been a while!

Hi all...just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive. We still have not got our apple computer because were waiting for the new one to come out. Once that is here I will be posting more often because its upstairs where I am most of the time. Anyway...work has been busy (I'm on 40 hours a week) and it's been a tough time getting used to the airline crew we have in They have a contract with us every day for a year. I'm getting used to it now but boy it was a battle at first. They are awesome people so that helps! Everyone here is fine...I'm taking some pics of my new babies later today and finally get some on here of our new finished banatam coop which is STILL in the garage. We figure we may as well leave it be until the snow melts. It's only in the single digits today again! We did have one day that was FORTY! That was nice! I have to go around and do rounds later today and see how Lori's grandbaby is I bet she is getting BIG! And I have to check in on Kelly and her chickens! I miss yoU! And Missie and Helen and many others I used to read every day but now can't seem to find the time! SORRY! I really miss my old life when I had time to read for an hour or two a day! On the brighter note...we are doing SO well on getting our CC bills paid off it's amazing. It's been hard not buying what I want when I want but it will all be worth it. THAT is the main reason I went to work and it's paid off. I won't even need to work anymore after Dec of this year if I don't want to. I may go to part time though... maybe, but I don't know if I will quit. I LOVE the people at work and the guests that come in. Were a long term stay hotel so the guests that come through our doors stay for months at a time and you really get to know them. I made two wonderful friends...Sarah and Vicky, the only girls who are staying long term (most are men) and one of them has a boxer :D She brings it down when her boyfriend brings him in. There is also a cook who comes in often and cooks for everyone! He brings down really nice meals for us :D Then there is a very friendly doctor who comes down to chat computer with me. He would LOVE to learn more about computers but is afraid of them. Once I told him my hubby was a computer wiz he's been hooked lol. Vicky is leaving next week so I will really miss her. After work she comes down and chats with me for an hour...gives me a break from laundry!
So anyway, life has been fine...everyone healthy and the chickens are healthy except they look terrible from the rooster! I'm buying saddles for next year so that doesn't happen again. Not to mention my big boy will have spurs by then. OUCH for the hens! He sure is a mating fool! My new blue and splash orps are beautiful! I LOVE them. He's crowing now and sounds so cute! Well, I better get off here and get to the dishes. I have a day off today so I have to try to get some cleaning done. I got the basement sparkling, now I just have to work on the upstairs. THEN we are finally going to take in a movie. BOY, it's been a long time since I just sat and watched tv for a few hours. Were watching the new Dakota Fanning movie. I hope this finds everyone well!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Glad to know that everyone is doing ok. Sounds like it is still very cold where you live. We had some really pretty sunny days then it turned cooler again. I know you will be glad to get your new computer. I am not familiar with how a mac works. Have a good week. Helen

Missie said...

I miss you too! Enjoy your week.

Kelly said...

Hey Carrie! I was so glad to see you had popped in over at my place. :) I started looking and saw you posted yesterday, so I had to come right away and see what has been going on. I miss you too, so much. I think about you more than you know. I wish you didnt have to work so much, but I understand why. We have struggled through the credit card debt before too and it just plain sucks. Its such a relief once they are paid down. I know what you mean about the mating. Sheesh man, I have five girls and three boys of the giant cochins, not counting Babe and Buckbuck. Those boys will grab any passing chicken, even the poor little serama boys! I got to get them seperated I guess. You would think that the little serama would be quick enough to dodge those big galloots, but I guess not. I hope you dont have to work quite so much this summer so you can be outside and enjoy the chickens and the warm weather. I know you have to be tired of all the cold by now. Miss you, love you bunches, Kelly